Error with "delete" step

Jun 5, 2009 at 7:15 AM

Hi,

I have put this audit tool to the demo VPC for testing and I beleive this is a lot better than the other one using CRM workflow and custom entities.

Just not much luck with the "Delete" step?  Everytime when I try to test, CRM form will give me an error like either the object is not accessible or I don't have permission to the record, etc? Any idea?

SW

Jun 7, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Hi,

First I want to thank you for this great tool!  I appreciate it a lot.

I have come to the same problem and waiting to see the reply.

Another thing, Is there a way i can relate the changes of the annotation to its entity (e.g. account)?

Thanks again

Shimmy

Jun 23, 2009 at 7:45 AM

there is something wrong with delete  here ~~~~

who can tell me what's the meaning of :

Once this is created, you must tell the audit plug-in what the name of lookup key is on the audit entity which creates the relationship.  If the lookup field is named “new_contactid”, you must pass the following XML through the Unsecure Configuration parameters to the Audit plug-in.  

Jun 23, 2009 at 8:36 AM

You need to add to the step in the " Unsecure Configuration" window the following: <Configuration><KeyField>relationship_name</KeyField></Configuration>

The relationship_name is the name given to the relationship (grayed in the Relationship Attribute section)

Hope it helps

Shimmy

Feb 5, 2010 at 8:53 PM

First off, thank you to the authors for the great plugin, we are using it heavily.

When records are deleted or assigned in our CRM system by users in a specific role, they receive a CRM error dialog stating they don't have permission.  We already fixed access to the metadata and this user role can create audit messages on the update and create audit types. 

For the assign audit type, I believe our solution will be to run this plugin as system and set the user on the audit record in code.  Very similar or exactly the same as item 1 in this post: http://crmaudit.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=68166.  The reason it is necessary is because these users can no longer access the record they just assigned, which I imagine is not a common security model. 

However I don't understand how the delete audit is going to work because there is no longer any main record to attach the audit records to.  Maybe some custom plugin code that makes an unlinked delete audit record?  I don't have too much trouble working around this problem, all of the non-administrative user roles are only allowed to deactivate or close records, not delete them.  This helps make auditing less necessary when that action is performed.